Tuesday, February 17, 2009

200 Frame Film Project

Here is my 200 Frame Flip Book Project:



When I have an opportunity with any canvas I kind of go overboard.
And instead of the small portion of the page, I invaded the entire page.

This lovely projected ended up being two $1 websters dictionaries since I thought one would hold off (wow I'm so bright eh?)

So thus why I have a lovely video instead, I didn’t completely crop so where you only saw the actual book text, to me that’s overly perfectionizing, and I'm not a perfectionist. I want my work to be best to my standards, but I don’t hold this “make it abosultely” perfect. I guess it’s the anti-aesthtic thing I have going on (although a lot of my line work is completely aeshetic...go figure?)

So yes it’s ‘kiddish’ cartoonish, not my style with, but I was going for a … random visual (when you watch you’ see what I mean). The entire concept was a play by ear type of thing, which is normally how I work.

When I bring in the original book (well 2 books into one), I warn everyone its extremly dirty, (as in charcoal and pastel galore) Why I taped the outsdes with painters tape so when everyone touches it hopefully no one will be….. er… attacked by the massive amounts of powder and other substances.

Here are images of what the book looks like ( I know so crafty this girl is).

(It goes from the Front, interior of the Book, and of course it's backing).



13 comments:

  1. i REALLY enjoyed your flipbook! i loved how you used a different coloring tool to portray your story! very inventive! i really liked it, and your a great drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin your big orange fish put a big smile on my face especially when it grew up so big and then just disappeared to become something else. You used different colors and different shapes and that made your book really fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok this was amazing. it was so well done and you had so many different ideas that somehow connected all together. there was a really good connection for me to those crazy dreams we all have sometimes. the time that you took to make this is just so impressive. amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this in class I noticed the colors and how well you used them to tell your story. But once looking at it on the video, it was easier for me to see the story come together and I appreciate it so much more. You did an awesome job and you can tell you put a lot of hard work and effort into making it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your book. I liked that you used big pictures and little ones. I also liked your storyline. I think you did a great job with the drawings and details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flip book was so good, it made me realize how much i fail with traditional art HAHA

    I liked how you combined the Abstract and the Rhetoric into your animation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so well done and very creative. I loved the hypnotizing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very different flip book strategy...and I loved it! I really like that you chose to use charcoals, making yours that much more unique and different. I loved the fish that expands and pops and the formation of the 3D box looks like scissors cutting down the center of the page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this flip book, i really liked how you used like charcoal or whatever, it was different, and your art work is really good. and just the iddea that you taped your book up blue, made it completely your own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great flip book. Using chalk or charcoal was definitely a different strategy and very cool. My favorite part was the little fish with bug eyes. Cute little character. The chalk allowed you to do some cool things that markers would not have. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours was definitely my favorite. I loved that you used pastels instead of pen or crayons(what I used lol) The fish with the popping eyes was adorable. LOVED the commercial in the middle of "Eat more chiken". Also, loved that it was just a dream in the end. LOVED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great drawings......i like dhow you didnt use markers or colored pencils like everyone else. you definitely put a lot of work into it and it showed

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really really liked the materials you used... very different from what everyone else did. it really worked great job

    ReplyDelete