Monday, February 9, 2009

B-R-O-A-D-W-A-Y

I apologize for the horrible lack of postings lately. It’s sad, I am always blogging to my friend on my personal blog, constantly going ‘omg I told this girl to push f5, and she literally pushed f + 5 omg how dumb” and talking smack about people, but even that I have been failing at (Why my social life sucks) that’s what I do and I’m proud of my horrible smack-talk skills, but I only do it to people who deserve it so I'm doing good for the world (I’m kidding). My point is for all the classes, I'll make up the posts finally. I hate falling so far behind, it annoys me so here we go, I apologize for anything that seems out of place or date.


It sucks we didn’t get a chance to further explore Broadway other than the small pieces and parts we saw. As I said in my other post where I talked bout Broadway, it is amazing. I mean even if you are not a fan of theatre, or even opera, you got to love Broadway. There are so many shows I would kill to see live, I mean I am getting the opportunity to see Monty Python, which is, although I like it and I’m sure the songs are funny, its more of the shows that I think are just made for the sake of it and good choreographers. Ok I’m being mean, but for the past several years, and I’m even including Monty Python although I really sure I’m going to enjoy it (and trying to be honest about as a person who is learning how to properly critique work even my own), inspiration is coming from places you normally don’t expect that might come off strange to a lot of theatre goers; I don’t know if its good or bad. I haven’t seen some of them such as The Wedding Singer, although I love the movie, and same with Legally Blonde. For some reason to me I don’t think I’ll see either. Broadway to me, the seriously good shows, are the ones that had something behind it. I mean even though Chicago was about those brief seconds of fame, it was very good and very Broadway-esque. Cabaret of course, Camelot (I’ve always wanted to see, I heard Julie Andrews was beyond amazing in that a long time ago, how can you say she isn’t. I love her). Then of course one’s like HAIR and the Phantom of the Opera, and these other shows to me had important meaning to them and those are the ones I feel you truly cherish.

So I hope someday I can, minus Monty Python, be able to experience one in person. I would so go see either Sweeny Todd, HAIR, Rocky Horror Picture Show, or a Chorus Line… which I'm sure I will since Tampa always has stuff. So hopefully, ill get to someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment