Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Computer; The Nerd creator


I was really intrigued by the video we watched (we decided to watch the series on the nerds?) I thought it was really cool. I had no idea IBM and Microsoft were producing side by side, now I know that sounds weird, but really. As much as I love my Mac, and my VAIO which has windows and all that other stuff… I never knew that, so I learned a lot. Plus I never mentioned this, but I love c programming. I haven’t done it in months since I left Key West, but I loved making the format… something like… (We used a older complier, I cant remember what it was called), but I missed making basic programs to do multiplication and addition, it was a stress reliever to program. It was my way to keep my academic side from going crazy (I was taking some art classes, that were good, but so much stupid in that class I went nuts. It was a history of photography, which really got me back into my love for it. I feel in love with Edward Curtis because of that class. I got into Matthew Brady, and looking for pictures at garage sales, and scouting for old BW images). I have a small collection, of some of the images they did in portrait studios from the 1800’s, I cant tell you how it creates this feeling that brings you to another time you felt like you existed. I’m a true believer of having many different lives, and I’m sure I must have during that time, I def know I was a cat in my former life (don’t ask long story to that one). So watching the video made me want to whip out this book I have of visual basic I have sitting on my desk (next to my stack of Michael Crichton novels, Peter Benchley novels, my c++ book, my Kahlo Frieda bio which I WANT to get back to, but with school its been difficult so I’ll def make time to just read that book sometime) but I mean I've always wanted to learn to be a good programmer to, and have a broad range of knowledge because programming is a great stress reliever, that reminds me too seeing Cynthia Lawson and her being a programmer in her own right, really reminded me how much I missed that stuff (which I’ll blog about her, Bruce Wands, Christina Hung, and the guy from MTV3, I caught his lecture in the afternoon because our professor I have for that class was setting up something in the classroom so by the time the lecture was over she would have it set.

Y’know, its sad people don’t appreciate these young minds (well were) made a lot of the technology we are constantly using everyday. I mean I never realized how much I liked the Mac until I owned one, I really owe a lot to the Altair 8800, without that, Steve Wozniack and Steve jobs, no Mac, no gates creating Microsoft I mean its sad people don’t realize that these Phones and things they are constantly, and RUDELY text messaging in class, and other things was all done because of these minds just wanting to have fun. Hell, I agree completely. The computer, although has its important uses for us as students academically, but mostly of course your going to go on youtube, look up pics, read stuff, I mean honestly my computers have always been infested with lots of random things. Mostly that, photos, artwork, etc. Mp3s, download ROMS; So I agree, I couldn’t help but nod in agreement with all of those creators about the things they were saying even though a lot of people didn’t care much for it or thought it was geeky, well I'm a big geek myself. I’m still into cartoons, stay up late and I always burst out laughing while watching Tom and Jerry, I mean c’mon. Everyone is a geek and nerd. If you weren’t then why are you obsessing over the Iphone, Ipod, new computer that will come out in a few months, new video game, mp3 player, new phone that has the ability to make texting easier, c’mon people you’ll all nerds. I mean my friends are nerds, geeks, dorks, but I want them fun. They always mess with new things; I would rather them be that way then not into technology. Probably why I love revenge of the nerds so much. That movie is awesome! I love it as much as animal house (yes I’m into those kind of movies, but it’s awesome the part with the horse having a heart-attack, classic cult classic of American cinema).

No comments:

Post a Comment