Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grid Project

Here is my grid Project:


I know the box is HUGE, but light would you believe?

Originally I planned the grid work to be a bit bigger (why the huge box), however that succeeded very well yes?

But so the original plan I had failed (which was going to do a similar work that is similar to pop art from the 1960's), but instead i did something that was more close to home you could say. Since I love patterns, I'm addicted to checkered patterns, since I was a kid I used to draw patterns on all my notebook paper and I haven't stopped since so I decided to do that). I choose the Greek-Key pattern, since it's a pattern I never worked with so I did push myself a bit (no really I poked my self with a pin.. I'm not kidding, one time i stabbed the interior of my nose because I was sewing something and well that's that, so don't ask).

So yes those are all the pins, and I didn't count since.. I'm lazy like that. I believe it's something like each key has 90-something pins? ( I had to get my mom to count because she can count better I'm ADD-prone like that).

Plus I liked the size of the box, although up-close you can tell it's a grid, when you pull yourself away, the empty space really activates and creates that feeling like it's floating which I like by the way. The actual grid was something I had left over from supplies I bought at the dollar store, it's one of those table mats that had a see through grid.

Also, although the pins are in foam core, please PLEASE do not tip the box! the pins might come out because I swear, all my artworks are possessed, no matter how secure I made it.

11 comments:

  1. You project was awesome. It was creative and colorful, and unique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grid was awsome. I can imagine the amount of work you put in and the time. I liked the colors of your beads and the design. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having the patience to create this! I think it is beautiful and I adore the detail. Grids we think of as rigid and square, and you bring a certain delicate quality to it. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a pretty cool project. i would have liked to see more space used since the box was so big. maybe using different sized beads would give it a cool look too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was definitely my favorite piece. You really dedicated yourself to it and boy does it show. It's beautifully done and I love the box you put it in. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was amazing it must have taken forever. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I though your was really cool. it looks like it took you a really long time. I liked all of the detail you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i gotta say that your project probably blew me away the most, just thinking about how much time you took to insert a thousand pins and make such detailed designs makes my mind explode. you did a great job, it shows that you put alot of time and effort into your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is WOW! Kristin you did a fabulous job on this project! Looking at the patterns and all the little pins mesmerized me. You are a great artist and I am so excited to see your work in the future, you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very intricate design. I would imagine that it must have been quite tedious to create, but in the end it looks great. Really great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this piece must have taken for ever... i really really liked it thought great work

    ReplyDelete