Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DADA COLLAGE

Here is my Dada Project:



This was one of the most challenging projects I have ever done I (mostly for thinking about the placement of the scans, what body parts I wanted to use, medium and all that lovely junk we artists tend to think about yes? and working with such a huge size (phew) which by the way for body parts I used my face, hands, and feet very basic, but still created this very complex collage which I liked alot.

First off i'm really proud of this project (I am I love it. I wanted to litteraly sleep with it over my head, plus the smell of the vinyl of the clear contact paper I had put on to keep the paper from coming off of the wood just smelt reallly good this morning). Please don't ask I'm strange I love odd smells of vinyl, plastic, tire rubber, gasoline, turpentine... and I wonder why people think i'm strange).

So secondly, the project (for description) is a 1'1/2 square (yes so imagine 6 good pieces of sandply wood all hinged together with ring clips), that the user or the viewer is able to manipulate the piece to how they want. So there are two different sides to the box where you can place it how you want it to look. Well actually, I had it meant to be shown really only 2 ways, which evovled to 4 and then to many more based on how the person wants to mess with it.

Side I:



Here is the boxed version of this side since the other one is the one I used for my main imagery of my project:



Side II:



The user/viewer has the ability to manipulate such a small structure into their own artform in a sense.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just one creative woman. Congratulation on your collage because it was wonderful, creative, and "out of the box." I surly would want to have one like this in my home to show it to my friends. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project was great! I loved how you blew it up on a big scale. Great work, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that your could take many differnt forms. I liked that it ha a lot of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you used every surface of the wood pieces to put your artwork on. You also have a good eye for negative space and filled out each square very well, balancing everything as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the way you thought outside of the box on this one, no pun intended. Placing the xerox copies around a collapsible box was a totally original and good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a good idea. I wish the box had stayed together better but you could really see what you were trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, you have amazed me! The box idea was amazing!!! I loved that there were xerox scans on every side of the box and that you could also take the box apart and it turned into a cross. Great Job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like it took forever, you always put yoru heart into your projects and I respect that. Very creative, as always. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how yours transforms into kind of anything really... you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. your xerox project was really awesome, i liked how it could be a a cube and then unfold, really neat. great job!

    ReplyDelete