Monday, March 9, 2009

MZTV / Museum of Television 'Vision of Tomorrow'


I finally had an opportunity to check out MZTV, which is really spiffy by the way. I would some day probably go and visit the actual museum. I mean the ability to look at an actual RCA TRK-12 would be so cool. I hope some day in the future televisions would be made with Lucite outsides, or something perhaps a bit more durable. That would be a real interesting look for a television. I mean sure with all the designs, it seems the screen of the components become the dominant visual. Like art, it needs a good frame yes? A sturdy one too. I’m sure contemporary home designers would appreciate a good television yes? Other than that, I explored the part (sine I had seen my classmates had explored other parts of the site that I felt I didn’t need to. Marilyn Monroe is one of the women who television shaped and was shaped by, And of course a main benefactor in Andy Warhol’s artwork (whose artwork is coming to St. Petersburg of Fine Arts soon! I’m so excited I can’t wait to go!), but I explored the part about the World’s Fair.

To me, its somewhat Nostalgic is Disney World’s ‘Tomorrow Land’, which is my favorite part of the entire park. So looking through the World’s fair exhibit, it reminded me of that. This idea of a ‘futuristic world’. Plus anytime there is an evolution in how the future will look, it always involves the era of the 1950’s, its really spiffy in a lot of ways. I mean look at iconic figures like Batman, he had the greatest gadgets ever, and he lived in this metropolis with 1950’s décor and ideals, it’s this feeling of being in the past, but experience those feelings those had back when it’s neat. Visually, it’s not just historically amazing, but even the sound bytes of the original broadcasts are just great. I can’t wait sometime in my life to visit the museum.

Looking at the 3D interactive models of the televisions was neat. I looked especially at the RCA TRK-12, I can't help it I’m obsessed with that model now. I mean yes its bulking and visually unattractive, but to me it completely remissness the old brownie camera's, they may have had horrible quality, unattractive outerwear, but still the feeling of history is just something you cant compare with. Whether it looks good or not still, you can't help but admire older technology, and knowing masters, and great engineers of the time molded the piece of technology we are looking at, or even holding if we have the opportunity to.

No comments:

Post a Comment