Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Electronics Alive V: Artists Reception


I really meant to blog about the artists reception, but again my lazy self didn’t so I’m trying to catch up but I'm getting there! I’m so gonna award myself with a cookie! Just because I’m just that damn great yes?

Anyhow, I really enjoyed going to the reception there was so many great digital art pieces, Bruce Wand’s image was great…. I mean yes being exposed to it previously with the Buddha light painting was great and all that jazz, but still... seeing it in person, even as a print was just… really amazing. I brought my mother and brother to the reception and she really liked it… I liked almost all of the pieces, I think there was one that I didn’t understand very well, but that’s me sometimes I'm clueless on a lot of things, but there was a few I can’t remember well, my handwriting sucks, even though I wrote the titles, but I have the brochure still so I’m trying to recall the ones I can.

I enjoyed “crow” a lot, that was so beautifully done you could feel the texture of the bird as it morphed it was amazing. I love imagery that forms into other substances… its really amazing. “The plush life”, “the salmon dance”, “oktapodi” and “blind spot” I mean I saw those three everyday for two months, but I loved them and it’s now stuck in my head. “Witness” was really intriguing, I remember one titled “oasis” that was really neat the way the artists integrated interaction, it was so cute (yes I'm using cute), it was really spiffy and also the piece titled "Thread and Carbon, Oil and Steel" by Sally Grizzell Larson, was WOW.. a really powerful image. As a whole, the whole reception was great, there was so many morphing, interesting pieces… all of them were really great and fun. It was a great experience.

Plus the performance piece was great.. SANTI!!! ignore me I was all giggles when seeing our proff's face and Kendra's.. why not it was cool, and it was a really great piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment