Monday, April 27, 2009

Electronics Alive V: Animation Screening

So I had the chance during my digital art class one evening to go see the animations being shown in the Reeves Theater (why I love Megan Voeller, she’s really great, and Santi was there so yays) I tried to write all the animations down, one again my stupid self can’t read my own handwriting (to my father it’s still a clear-cut sign I should be a doctor or lawyer, look I love John Grisham Novels ‘n all, but no ain’t gonna happen, sorry pops). The animations we’re so amazing! I loved all but I think… 2? I can’t remember, but I remember Yankee Girl, it was so powerful in the pilots last few minutes, the music relived WWII, all of it was FANTASTIC! Even the first animation with two elderly folks in the wheel chair, that was really amazing and so funny. You felt like you were part of the moment, you felt every single bump in their imaginations, you could feel the air, and taste everything… to me animation has really reached a peak when you can feel those things in something that is not ‘real-time’. Machu-Pichu post was really good too; I loved how innocent a lot of these films were (a lot of puppets, the Marie Antoinette one was hilarious, I couldn’t help but giggle).

That French School Supinfocom, is really kicking some serious a-- in animation. I mean even the one about the giant tar-like monster I forgot that title too, but that one reminded me so much of Sphere, which is a book by Michael Crichton, but also a film that had, Samuel L. Jackson, Dustin Hoffman, and Sharon Stone. I loved that movie so much, I found a lot of animations to have a theme similar to things I had loved, it was great to see so many 3D-animation films that were intriguing for everyone.

Click Here to watch Yankee Girl

Click Here to watch Machu-Pichu Post

No comments:

Post a Comment