Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Electronics Alive V: Bruce Wands/MTV3


Bruce Wands was really nifty. Although to most of my classmates it was one of those ‘boring’ lectures about digital arts, (and I must admit it was too much for me in the morning, I started yawning out of being tired, not boredom so mucho sorry to Bruce!), but I really was interested in what I learned, I’m seriously considering getting that book he had written. It looked like it was filled with all sorts of information about artists that would in the end be very beneficial for me.

His Buddha light paintings were nothing but divine, and his lecture on electronic music, wowzers. I was never a big fan of digital art, growing up in kw there is very limited or none, so I was traditionalist in the sense, but when I got into college, I grew out of that and stopped being an immature brat about art and started to be open to lots of things. He gave a lot of great info and help for those of us that want to pursue art, digital or traditional… it was really nice to have a lecture like that.

Later in the day I got to see the lecture about MTV3, honestly I had seen advertisements, but I had never watched it. After hearing the lecture and how they go through their development plans, it was rally spiffy and neat. Whenever I have nothing to watch I do I go to MTV3. It’s so much better than regular MTV, the music is great and their infomercials are just, not right but incredibly hilarious. It’s more fun than versus other channels (even though yes I do watch vh1 a lot, still). It was really good to have those two lectures on that day; It was both educational and inspirational? (god that sound kitschy), but it was information I could always keep with me, and have a better understanding of.

No comments:

Post a Comment